Solar is More Accessible Than Ever
A local resident or business subscribes to a percentage of the solar farm based on their electric usage.
The solar farm generates electricity into the local grid, producing bill credits which are distributed to members.
Each month, members of the project receive the credits on their electric bills, reducing their electricity charges.
All the Benefits, None of the Hassles
Community Solar allows homeowners, renters, municipalities, and businesses to easily participate in solar, regardless of their ability to install a solar array on their own property.
Savings on Your Electric Bill
No Panels on Your Roof or Property
No Maintenance Required
Local Renewable Energy
Community Solar Subscription Terms
Going Solar the Easy Way!
Savings: Real savings on your electric charges at a 10% Discount off the kwh rate.
Simple: No upfront fees. Only pay for the electricity you receive at a discount to the utility.
Flexible: Ability to move and retain membership.
Cancellation: No cancellation fees for any reason.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Can I Save?
- You can offset up to 100% of your electric kWh charges. A DRS community solar subscription will save you 10% off your electric rate.
Can I participate if I have Budget Billing with NYSEG?
Customers should contact NYSEG to remove Budget Billing prior to enrolling in Community Solar. With Budget Billing, NYSEG reconciles customer accounts at the end of the annual cycle but with Community Solar, credits need to be applied to the customer’s NYSEG bill every month. This does not work if Budget Billing is in place.
How Do I See My Savings?
- The solar project generates electricity throughout the year, and each month, members will receive their portion of the electricity in the form of bill credits which will offset charges on their electric bill. After the credits offset your electric bill, subscribers pay DRS for the credits at a 10% discount. Review the payment/credit process for more details.
Do I Still Get Power From the Utility?
- Yes. Your current electric service will not be interrupted, and you will still receive your electricity from the utility as you do now.
Does Community Solar Benefit the Local Communities?
- Yes! In addition to providing local jobs and financial savings on community member's electricity bills, DRS's projects benefit the local communities through increased tax revenue, economic enrichment as our teams live and work in the communities we serve, preservation of the farm land for future use, local partnerships, memberships, and sponsorships, marketing and advertising dollars spent, and much more.
Community Solar reduces the amount of energy generated from coal and natural gas plants, improving our local air quality and health. And, for each customer who participates in community solar, the impact in terms of carbon emissions reduction is the equivalent of no longer driving a car for the life of the project, 20-30 years!
Who Can Participate in Community Solar?
- Homeowners, renters, non-profits, and small businesses with an active NYSEG account (residential and non-demand small commercial) can participate. Participating members must be served by the same utility as the solar farm.
How does the billing work?
- Billing for Delaware River Solar is provided by our billing partner, Common Energy. If you have billing questions, call (844) 899-9763 or email email@example.com.