Delaware River Solar is seeking a Solar Engineer to work in its office in New York City, candidates who wish to work remotely may also be considered. Travel will be required as needed for kick-off site visits and during construction.
· Perform site-specific engineering analysis, design, evaluation, or review of third party designs for grid connected solar photovoltaic systems applying knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates, solar technology, thermodynamics, and national and local codes.
· Develop and/or perform final review of calculations, designs, drawings, bills of quantities, specifications cost estimates and construction schedules to ensure accuracy and conformance with the goals of the projects. Where engineering services are being contracted, review engineering Scopes of Work and final products to ensure accuracy and conformance with the goals of the projects
· Identify the required approvals from Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and coordinate with them to facilitate the required permitting process, including stamping and sealing drawings and submitting calculations and construction documents, as necessary.
· Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
· Provide technical direction or support to installation teams/contractors during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
· Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000 based on experience, qualifications and location.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Engineering, or similar program
· Professional Engineering license in the state of New York
· 4+ years engineering experience in providing technical support for energy-related projects with accountability for project performance and design
· Utility-scale solar or wind experience
· Medium voltage experience
· Knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production
· Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection approval and design requirements
· Knowledge of standard codes such as the NEC and UBC
· NABCEP Certification a plus
· Strong communication, presentation, and project management skills
· Fluency in Spanish a plus
Please send resume to email@example.com
UPSTATE NY SALES TEAM POSITION
Delaware River Solar is seeking Sales Associates to work in Sullivan and Delaware Counties in New York State.
Associate will develop sales strategies and attract new customers. Commission and draw pay structures will be considered based on experience. Part time and full time positions available.
- “Get the sale” using various sales methods (direct, events, presentations, etc.)
- Forecast sales, develop creative strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customers’ needs and build productive, long lasting relationships
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads
- Develop outreach strategy and attend meetings, community fairs/gathering, and other events to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer and social media competency
- Strong network in Sullivan and/or Delaware Counties is important.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Some travel may be required as needed for outreach, events, and sales campaigns. Work at home options available also.
Please send resume to info@DelawareRiverSolar.com.